Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Friday, September 21, 2007

October 17th...


QUESTION:
"What is October 17th?"

ANSWER: My defense date.

I had two meetings with committee members today. The first, was with the folklore specialist from the English department. She commented that the chapters she reviewed (on Paul Bunyan) flowed well and were well written.

NOTE TO SELF: Savor the moment because on October 17th this will be a distant memory.

The second meeting was with my advisor. She started out by saying "You're ready to defend."

Today was a very good day.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Strawberry Blonde said...

Yay!!!! I'm sure they are just going to LOVE your work come October 17th!

That's awesome news and I'll keep pr-n to that end...

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The end is in sight! After you called last night, I had trouble sleeping. I'm planning to go out and buy a BRAND NEW outfit for Dec. 7, Graduation Day, and I'll see to it that we don't have any gigs lined up that will interfere with my traveling. (Or the group can find a replacement for me, although that might be hard to do. Ahem.)

8:16 AM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

Thanks to both of you! I'll be rather busy for the next 3 weeks getting everything ready for my big day.

ps--My mom is now officially a member of the Spice Girls--a crazy group of singing ladies. She now goes by "GINGER". There are several other names you may recognize including cinnamon, nutmeg, etc., etc.

8:09 PM  
Blogger The Strawberry Blonde said...

Ha! I love it! Your mom and I have something in common...

When I was in high school, my friends and I also were a part of that group. We mainly 'rapped' but we also had some killer dance moves. Our names were Rosemary, Thyme, and Paprika, respectively. I had almost forgotten about those days until I read your comment.

Good times. Good times.

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAHOO!! Congrats...keep up the good work!! Get it ALL done before thanksgiving!!! Or else I will come hunt you down!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GEEK!!! I am glad that you are almost done with school! (It's about time!) Do you know what time graduation is on the 7th? Conner's Christmas concert is on the 6th and I will come down IF graduation is in the afternoon. Let me know.

7:52 AM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

NOEL...Nothing like threats to motivate a person. ;)

SIS...1:00 in the afternoon is what the program states. And don't forget...I have to finish this paper first!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home