Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Party for the Ages...

Grandpa is now 95...
Grandma is now 90...
...and they have now celebrated 70 years together!

This past week, I traveled to the Northwoods with my sister and nephews for a party celebrating good times and family. Like most of my family, I had been looking forward to this gathering for some time.

Introductions and reestablishing ties that bind us together are an important part of such events. My mom, uncle, and aunt all took turns on the mic introducing their kids and grandkids (and even one great-grandkid!). During my introduction, my mom was quick to remind the single women, "He's 35 and still single!"

NOTE TO MOM: Although I appreciate such efforts to find me a date, family reunions are not the best places to meet women.

The party was a large gathering. Not only were family and close friends invited, but all the residents from the local nursing home as well. I had the honor of dancing with several of the residents while members of my extended family escorted them in their wheelchairs around the dance floor. One of these ladies initially declined my invitation for a dance informing me that she was married. I explained, "That's ok...It'll be our little secret!"

There was plenty of food, music, and dancing. A grand time was had by all who attended as it truly was a party for the ages.

Thanks, Grandma. Thanks for hosting a party for the ages!

(Thanks also for the blueberry pancakes!)

4 Comments:

Blogger The Strawberry Blonde said...

Aww...that sounded like fun! And look who's "exploiting" err, I mean, "flirting" with the elderly now! :)

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a specail gathering...and sounds like it was super fun! Glad you had this time with your family!!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GEEK!!! Grandma and Grandpa are great-great grandparents to one (great grandparents to many...15, I think). The boys and I had fun on our trip with you but are glad to be home!!

10:18 PM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

GEEK!...Grandma and Grandpa ARE great-great grandparents, but they were not doing the introductions!

(ps--you're correct on the number of great-grandchildren: 15)

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home