Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Monday, August 27, 2007

You know you should have stayed in bed when...

Last week, the Baltimore Orioles were beat down 30-3. Pathetic. But according to one ESPN writer, last week's 'smackdown' only ranked #8 on the list of 100 Greatest Beatdowns of All Time (not being a playoff game, I tend to agree).

Of special note: 5, 6 (see Ryan! 49ers are only #21), 13 (should have been 12), 15 (could have easily been in the top 10), 25, 51, 68, 74, 91, 94 (are you reading this Ryan?!).

Three others that should have made the list:

NHL Playoffs 1995-1996: Avs over the school-girl Red Wings (Red Wings had set an NHL record for team points in a season).

Captain Mal Reynolds vs. the Alliance.

NFL 1995-Present: Coach Shanahan vs. the Oakland Raiders.

What's on your list?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still say that 86 was just gutless. I remember 83. 73, ouch! Have you ever seen the film of 45? It was an absolute beating! 44 just makes me laugh! 33. Meep! Meep! 21 should have been higher. Ouch! 19 makes me smile. 13 (there is ALWAYS hope). I remember watching 4.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Blake said...

GO HUSKERS!

6:26 AM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

RYAN...I think you believe me when I say I simply forgot to include #19.

LINDSAY...If you only knew how Ryan felt about your team, you would laugh. I challenged him to say something himself, but he declined. He's been acting like a 'girly-man' skipping out of work outs and other such 'manly' things of recent.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Blake said...

boo ryan. chicken. bring it on! but just you wait, we have a rockin' quarterback who loves to party and a nerdy coach who thinks he knows what he is doing! that = ONE HECK OF A HUSKER TEAM! just you wait, you will see. GO HUSKERS! BRING IT ON BOYS, BRING IT ON!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can't believe they relegated Georgia Tech's shellacking of Cumberland College to #100. To defend my adopted Yellowjackets and the illustrious Mr. Heisman, Cumberland ran up the score on Tech's baseball team (also coached by Heisman) the previous season. Payback is hell.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home