10 Things About Me...
A friend of mine (a friend, it should be noted, who is a bit 'psychotic') challenged me to post:
This should be fun! Ryan may know many of these items, but many of you would not.
As tradition dictates, I am to count in a foreign language. Although there are a handful of languages I could choose from (Francais, Nynorsk, Quechua, Uzbekcha, Tajik, etc), my best memories come from East Africa. So here they are! 1-10 in Kiswahili!
MOJA...My first job was with the USFS. How fitting for someone doing his graduate work on Paul Bunyan?
MBILI...My pupils are larger than normal, hence, my night vision is above average (Note: my sister has even larger pupils).
TATU...I prefer to sit on the left side of a theatre (as you face the screen). Not sure why, but always have. In fact, it drives me a bit nuts to sit on the right-hand side.
NNE...Avocados, pomegranates, and red-peppers (cold, which are like candy!) are three of my favorite foods!
TANO...Smoothies are awesome!
SITA...McMurdo Sound is the most beautiful place I've ever been.
SABA...I can twist my right arm around 360 degrees.
NANE...Every-so-often I will find myself staring at a person not knowing what it is about the person that so intrigues me. Nine times out of ten, it's because the person is left-handed. In the past, I've wondered if I would end up with a 'southpaw'.
TISA...I still miss "Little Smokey". Several years ago, I had a Nissan 4x4, extended cab that my friends christened "Little Smokey". I sold it when I went into Peace Corps and miss it to this day.
KUMI...AVS RULE!
And as tradition would have it, I am to 'tag' three people to complete a similar list.
I tag the following:
Ryan...slayer of forest creatures
Brent...the (honorary) Rush roadie
THE GEEK!...who needs to start a site of her own!
10 Things You May Not Know About Me
This should be fun! Ryan may know many of these items, but many of you would not.
As tradition dictates, I am to count in a foreign language. Although there are a handful of languages I could choose from (Francais, Nynorsk, Quechua, Uzbekcha, Tajik, etc), my best memories come from East Africa. So here they are! 1-10 in Kiswahili!
MOJA...My first job was with the USFS. How fitting for someone doing his graduate work on Paul Bunyan?
MBILI...My pupils are larger than normal, hence, my night vision is above average (Note: my sister has even larger pupils).
TATU...I prefer to sit on the left side of a theatre (as you face the screen). Not sure why, but always have. In fact, it drives me a bit nuts to sit on the right-hand side.
NNE...Avocados, pomegranates, and red-peppers (cold, which are like candy!) are three of my favorite foods!
TANO...Smoothies are awesome!
SITA...McMurdo Sound is the most beautiful place I've ever been.
SABA...I can twist my right arm around 360 degrees.
NANE...Every-so-often I will find myself staring at a person not knowing what it is about the person that so intrigues me. Nine times out of ten, it's because the person is left-handed. In the past, I've wondered if I would end up with a 'southpaw'.
TISA...I still miss "Little Smokey". Several years ago, I had a Nissan 4x4, extended cab that my friends christened "Little Smokey". I sold it when I went into Peace Corps and miss it to this day.
KUMI...AVS RULE!
And as tradition would have it, I am to 'tag' three people to complete a similar list.
I tag the following:
Ryan...slayer of forest creatures
Brent...the (honorary) Rush roadie
THE GEEK!...who needs to start a site of her own!


10 Comments:
nice 10. tell me you've seen: so you think you can dance?! please! i'm going to see them live in kansas city! i'm so cool!
Wait a second...who are you calling "psychotic?"
And does your number "kumi" really count as something we "may not know about you?" Come on, now.
AND Lindsay--I'm officially jealous of you going to KC to see SYTYCD!!!!
LINDSAY...I think I have seen your show. Is it the ESPN show where people pretend they are Barry Sanders and try to rush for a 2,000 yards behind the Lions Offensive Line?
RED-HAIRED FRIEND...My 'psychotic' friend would be this world-traveling-goofball who is accused of plotting a diabolic master plan in which he or she stuffs all the village kids into bags and hides them in the brier patch (or something like that).
Regarding my "Avs" comment, I'm not sure how many people previously knew of this. I'm rather quiet when it comes to supporting my team. It's not like I post about the Avs or anything like that.
Funny how the "Strawberry Blonde" asked a question but you responded to your "Red-Haired Friend." Hmmm...
Whoever the "psycho" may be, she sounds cool. :)
As far as your Avs secret, I'm thinking the world knows now so need to post anything further on this subject.
PS-The ESPN show you are thinking of is called "Dancing with the Stars"...not "So You Think You Can Dance." :)
I will get my 10 things list done soon...I had started it but then when my computer died I lost the list. :(
I feel offended you're mentioning French but haven't chosen it... But I must say that Kiswahili is a much more original language to choose !
CAMALA...I figure I spoke enough French when I was in Quebec (see "Bonjour du Quebec!"). You do have a beautiful language.
GEEK!!! I am going to give the #1 reason your sister doesn't have a Blog site---I (she) does not have time!!! You have to remember that I have 3 children, a husband, ALL of the laundry, cooking, cleaning etc, etc and A FULL TIME JOB!! GEEK!!! Plus, Conner started kindergarten on Monday (someone has to take him to and from school!). Maybe when I'm 70!! Of course then I will have grandchildren, cooking, cleaning, laundry....
en effet (indeed) ! I would have liked to hear the "heavy French Canadian accent"... I think people from Quebec have such a cute accent. I wonder though if it sounded like my once Stevens High students speaking French -with their heavy American accent... which was cute as well. Bonne continuation with foreign languages !
Post a Comment
<< Home