Thank goodness for football...
Yesterday...sucked.
There are times you expect bad news or news you don't especially want to hear, but it still stings when you hear it (even when you agree with the decision).
Did I mention yesterday sucked?
Last night, I made a trip to the 'local' Barnes and Noble (45 min drive to Topeka) with my roommate Ryan. I'm not sure if he was along for the drive or genuinely wanted to go, but I'm glad he came along. We talked a bit about the day, but really didn't have that much to say until the ride back. That's when the topic switched to football (and being guys, this took up the next several hours).
Ryan had stumbled across a list that ranks the best and worst of Super Bowl contenders. Overall, I agree with much of what was said, but I have a handful of strong disagreements with those who organized the list, including:
'68 Colts (should be higher)
'86 Giants (try #38!)
and my largest grievance...
'85 Bears (anything other than #1 is unacceptable)
Why do I feel so strongly? Let's review some of the facts on the '85 Bears:
REGULAR SEASON RECORD: 15-1...13 of those wins were double digit margins
OFFENSIVE POINTS SCORED (RANK): 2
DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED (RANK): 1
DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED IN NFC PLAYOFF RUN: 0 (That's right..."0"!)
SUPER BOWL XX: BEARS 46, PATRIOTS 10
Add Coach Ditka, Walter Payton, and the Super Bowl Shuffle and you've got the #1 team of all time.
END OF DISCUSSION.
There are times you expect bad news or news you don't especially want to hear, but it still stings when you hear it (even when you agree with the decision).
Did I mention yesterday sucked?
Last night, I made a trip to the 'local' Barnes and Noble (45 min drive to Topeka) with my roommate Ryan. I'm not sure if he was along for the drive or genuinely wanted to go, but I'm glad he came along. We talked a bit about the day, but really didn't have that much to say until the ride back. That's when the topic switched to football (and being guys, this took up the next several hours).
Ryan had stumbled across a list that ranks the best and worst of Super Bowl contenders. Overall, I agree with much of what was said, but I have a handful of strong disagreements with those who organized the list, including:
'68 Colts (should be higher)
'86 Giants (try #38!)
and my largest grievance...
'85 Bears (anything other than #1 is unacceptable)
Why do I feel so strongly? Let's review some of the facts on the '85 Bears:
REGULAR SEASON RECORD: 15-1...13 of those wins were double digit margins
OFFENSIVE POINTS SCORED (RANK): 2
DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED (RANK): 1
DEFENSIVE POINTS ALLOWED IN NFC PLAYOFF RUN: 0 (That's right..."0"!)
SUPER BOWL XX: BEARS 46, PATRIOTS 10
Add Coach Ditka, Walter Payton, and the Super Bowl Shuffle and you've got the #1 team of all time.
END OF DISCUSSION.


1 Comments:
What are you talking about? You are neither old enough to remember the '85 Bears nor smart enough to spell "Broncos" correctly.
On a related note...who you got in this year's Indy 500?
Post a Comment
<< Home