It's a KILT!
A number of Christian denominations baptize infants as part of their tradition. Some struggle with such ceremonies, but I've never had a problem with 'infant baptisms' or 'baby dedications' (as they're sometimes referred to), at least not when there is a ceremony that follows as an adult. The Lutheran Church is one such church that celebrates both infant and adult baptisms.
My sister attends a Lutheran Church in the Sand Hills and I was able to attend my newest nephew's baptism about a month ago. For the ceremony, my nephew was clothed in a special outfit. This 'outfit' created much discussion as my sister continually referred to it as a "christening gown". Magnus the Strong, always quick to call things as he sees them, labeled it a "dress". Coming to Aiden's defense, I declared it a more manly "kilt". After all, "if it's not Scottish..."
The conversation became quite humorous as any reference my sister made to the "christening gown" was quickly followed by Magnus screaming "dress!" and shortly thereafter with "IT'S A KILT!" (in a thick Sean Connery accent).
The lad may never know what exactly he was wearing, but rest assured, it was a kilt.
My sister attends a Lutheran Church in the Sand Hills and I was able to attend my newest nephew's baptism about a month ago. For the ceremony, my nephew was clothed in a special outfit. This 'outfit' created much discussion as my sister continually referred to it as a "christening gown". Magnus the Strong, always quick to call things as he sees them, labeled it a "dress". Coming to Aiden's defense, I declared it a more manly "kilt". After all, "if it's not Scottish..."
The conversation became quite humorous as any reference my sister made to the "christening gown" was quickly followed by Magnus screaming "dress!" and shortly thereafter with "IT'S A KILT!" (in a thick Sean Connery accent).
The lad may never know what exactly he was wearing, but rest assured, it was a kilt.


4 Comments:
It is the "christening gown" your father wore as an infant when he was baptised. And that's that.
Mom's right(mothers are ALWAYS right, especially since I am a mother now!!!)--It IS a Christening gown (and an old one at that). Never trust a four year old, especially one nicknamed 'Magnus'!!! GEEK!!!
Mom and GEEK! take note...
Four great minds (Aaron, Kyle, Magnus, and The Bearded) can't be wrong...IT'S A KILT!!!
I wouldn't call four male minds from my family great and since mothers are ALWAYS right, the male minds MUST be WRONG!!! Therefore, it is a christening gown!!! GEEK!! Quit argueing with your (always right)sister!!
Post a Comment
<< Home