Things I'm thankful for...
Late Wednesday night, I traveled to Wichita and spent Thanksgiving with my cousin, Stuart, and his family. I ate lots of turkey and had a great time playing cards, telling stories, and watching 6 year old Hanna draw a Christmas tree on the sidewalk with chalk.
I realize after a feast, such as Turkey Day, most families enjoy leftovers for the next week. Stuart, however, suggested the two of us go out to eat at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants which surprised me since I had half-expected to have a turkey sandwich.
I think Stuart was looking for some one-on-one time. It reminded me of a couple of years ago when I would meet with "Captain" Roberts one week and Jake the following at one of the many great Mexican eateries in the Salt Lake Valley to get caught up (BTW: BOTH of you would love this place!). Nothing more than solid guy time.
After I returned to K-State Friday, I spent the day working on my next chapter--which I turned in today! I had the place to myself until Saturday when Ryan got back. We didn't talk much that night, but the next morning it cracked me up when first thing Ryan had a "Buy or Sell?" question for me and I had a "Toss Up!" for him. If you're not sure what I'm referring to, you need to watch more "Around the Horn" and "PTI".
There's something about being a man and enjoying the simple things in life: food, sports, and Schwarzenegger flicks with other men. You gotta love it.
I realize after a feast, such as Turkey Day, most families enjoy leftovers for the next week. Stuart, however, suggested the two of us go out to eat at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants which surprised me since I had half-expected to have a turkey sandwich.
I think Stuart was looking for some one-on-one time. It reminded me of a couple of years ago when I would meet with "Captain" Roberts one week and Jake the following at one of the many great Mexican eateries in the Salt Lake Valley to get caught up (BTW: BOTH of you would love this place!). Nothing more than solid guy time.
After I returned to K-State Friday, I spent the day working on my next chapter--which I turned in today! I had the place to myself until Saturday when Ryan got back. We didn't talk much that night, but the next morning it cracked me up when first thing Ryan had a "Buy or Sell?" question for me and I had a "Toss Up!" for him. If you're not sure what I'm referring to, you need to watch more "Around the Horn" and "PTI".
There's something about being a man and enjoying the simple things in life: food, sports, and Schwarzenegger flicks with other men. You gotta love it.


1 Comments:
I'm buying that! They're up: 7-3! Holmgren's gotta give my boy one more win.
GO PACK!
Post a Comment
<< Home