Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

You know you're getting old when...

As a driver, I set lofty standards of which I try my best to uphold (see August 2005 post). I can be rather competitive and, at times, demanding as second place has no place behind my wheel.

Most of my car trips take me through the rural expanses of the Great Plains and Mountain West and, for the most part, I enjoy this time to myself on the open road. To fill my time, I have started to count the number of times I am passed on a given trip. I figure once every hour or two is a good rule of thumb to keep me on schedule. There are a few exceptions to this rule:

1) THE GREAT STATE OF MONTANA...Montana is the only state in the Union that I don't blush when I am passed by a mother driving a mini-van.
2) BEAUTIFUL COLORADO...I simply lag behind the average Colorado driver.
3) TOWNS & CITIES...This game is only played on the open road.

Having set the stage, yesterday I was passed 7 times within the first two hours. Mom would be proud, but I am embarrassed.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Strawberry Blonde said...

"Second place has no place behind my wheel."

LOVE it! That should have been my personal motto...you know, back in the day when I could drive?! :)

Now, I wouldn't blame your being passed on *age* so much as perhaps you were just seizing the day...enjoying the holiday spirit...etc.

And seriously, I think I could have a whole blog post on how "Mac" makes a wonderful substitute for my future-coffee-house-husband. :) Well...almost.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home