Entering the 21st Century...
I have been a shopping fool of recent. About two months ago, I picked up a new(er) car: a VW Jetta. Love it! Then about two weeks ago, to the shock and horror of my friends, I picked up a cell phone (Paul would be so ashamed...woodsmen don't need cell phones). This weekend, I was at it again.
In case I haven't been abundantly clear in the past, I LOVE MY MAC. I use it nearly every day of the year. In fact, I find myself longing for it when I am not able to use it--especially when I'm forced to use a PC. Unfortunately, I find myself at a school in which Mac use is discouraged. Frustrating, yes.
All good things must come to an end and my Mac is one of them. My PowerBook has made a good run having traveled the world and done so successfully carrying the weight of a lengthy dissertation. However, a small piece that connects my Mac to the larger world around it (in this case, the VGA cable outlet) has no more life in it. As an educator, it was time for a new computer.
Option #1...a FREE PC laptop
Option #2...personally purchase a new MacBook
I chose Option #2 (and got a pretty cool iPod Touch to go!)
In case I haven't been abundantly clear in the past, I LOVE MY MAC. I use it nearly every day of the year. In fact, I find myself longing for it when I am not able to use it--especially when I'm forced to use a PC. Unfortunately, I find myself at a school in which Mac use is discouraged. Frustrating, yes.
All good things must come to an end and my Mac is one of them. My PowerBook has made a good run having traveled the world and done so successfully carrying the weight of a lengthy dissertation. However, a small piece that connects my Mac to the larger world around it (in this case, the VGA cable outlet) has no more life in it. As an educator, it was time for a new computer.
Option #1...a FREE PC laptop
Option #2...personally purchase a new MacBook
I chose Option #2 (and got a pretty cool iPod Touch to go!)


4 Comments:
A Jetta!!! I'm envious. Welcome to the MacBook club.
Thanks, Melissa. The Jetta is nice (just ask Ryan). Hope you're enjoying Big Ten country.
GEEK!! Even your tech challenged sister has had a cell phone for almost 8 years and Kyle has an I-Pod and is only 14!!!(Conner pretends to have one at school and he is only 6!!) And we live in "The Middle of Nowhere"!!! Glad you could join us-Finally!!! On another note, I just got a letter in the mail at work for a job opportunity---At Ivinson Memorial Hospital---In Laramie. Think I could talk Aaron into moving to Wyoming?? I think I would have a better chance of getting him to move to Dubai(where I have also recieved info on a job opportunity!).
GEEK! I'm still setting everything up. Maybe Magnus could help me figure out some of this tech stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home