Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

You know it's time to buy a new car when...(Take #3)

In the past, I have noted that it is time to buy a new car when local officials are concerned about the well-being of your car and random pieces of scrap metal fall off your car as you pass through your local community. Both of these should be taken as signs that a new car should be considered. However, I now have 3 new reasons to take into consideration.

You know it's time to buy a new car when...

...you spend the better half of a Sunday afternoon in a convenience store parking lot waiting for your car engine to cool down.

...you take your car in to offer as a trade-in and the car salesmen have a good laugh.

...your mother, after giving her a ride in your car, begs you to never drive your car again (and offers you money not to!).

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can feel the pain of the reference to local officials. And I was there for at least part of that Sunday afternoon, so I guess that I am doubly involved with this post. Thanks for the birthday call, by the way. I will be back in Manhattan on the 10th, so I will see you sometime after that.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that was a scary ride, with unusual noises and vibrations. When I asked you, "What's that loud rattle?" you had no answer, except to say that it was new and had started up somewhere in Wyoming on your way home. I feared for the safety of the used car salesmen as they took that Toyota for a 2-block spin. It was a piece of junk, showing the effects of a long-ago hail storm and 232,000 miles. I breathe more easily knowing you're rid of it.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GEEK!! Conner and Aiden probably would have thought the rattling and vibrations made for a cool ride!! Kyle on the other hand is much wiser and wouldn't have gotten in, let alone taken a ride in it! Thanks for the short visit. Next time you'll have to stay longer so I don't hear the repeatitive sounds of a 6 yr old "why did Uncle John leave already", "he was suppose to play with me", etc, etc!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

RYAN...Regarding the 10th, the Little Apple is on notice.

MOM...As I asked on Monday, 'where's your sense of adventure?!'

GEEK!...Conner and Aiden are much wiser than you; the car had character. Hopefully, I can work in a longer visit later this month.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what's the new ride?

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a good reason to get a new car is so that you can take come cowgirls in WY out on dates...they might not want to ride with you in your current car, if even your mom doesn't want to ride in it. :) Look online for a good deal...my brother finds all kinds of good car deals online. :)

4:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

eBay, Dr. I think you'll find something to suit your fancy ;)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

Or..you know it is time to buy a new car when the Canadian boarder crossing gaurd asks you, " Did your grandmother preserve this car for you?"

There are more "you know it's time to buy a new car when..." quotes at Car Talk's web site.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/read-on/2008/06.07.html

9:11 AM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

Clayton, that road trip was AWESOME! I remember the border guard joking with us on our way to Waterton. Hilarious!

I also remember waking Travis at 3:00 in the morning and him thinking it was 'cool'.

ps--I'll have to check that site out.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home