Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Friday, May 02, 2008

0-4 or 2-8...

There was a time when the Red Wings did not concern me.

Those who know hockey, and know I'm an Avs fan, assume I hate Detroit. I remember how surprised Ryan was the first time I explained to him that the archrival of my beloved Avs was not necessarily the epitome of all that is evil in the world in my eyes.

Why? Well, it all goes back to the 1995-1996 season. Detroit had a good team. They had set an NHL record for most wins in a season and had made their way to the conference championship. However, my Avs were waiting for them and dismantled them in 6 games. In what has been described as the biggest choke of all time, the Avs came out on top on their way to winning the Stanley Cup.

I figured no matter what happened to the Avs in future years, I could always point to the '95-'95 season.

Things change.

My Avs were a beat-up group of men entering the playoffs. As noted in a previous post, there are those who believe Coach Quenneville should have been considered for coach of the year for keeping the team together this long.

But with four of our star players out (Smyth, Statsny, Forsberg, and Wolski), we were swept from the playoffs.

I now hate Detroit.

In other news...I have one last application out there. Regardless of that, if I feel the way I do now Monday morning. I will turn down the position at Emporia. Not sure what I will do instead, but something needs to change.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

What was the offer at Emporia?

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo Red Wings!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home