Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Dan in Real Life...

Last week, 'someone' thought work was more important than a mid-week roadtrip. Not mentioning any names (Slayer of Woodland Creatures), but his (or her) unwillingness to do something stupid and irresponsible really was out of character.

This past weekend, Ryan and I ventured north to Lincoln. We spent the day admiring the Husker memorabilia and wandering the aisles of one of the two local Barnes and Noble (why isn't there one in Manhattan?!). Later that afternoon, we went with Jenni and her roommate JoDell to Dan in Real Life.

This was an interesting movie. For the women, they felt sympathy for the main character, Dan, but overall thought it was rather funny. For the men, it hit pretty close to home...painfully so at times.

My last post dealt with the dilemma I've been mulling over this past week. I am thankful that is no longer the case. It may have been that Dan was struggling through so many of the same things I am (or have) or that I just needed to lose myself for a couple of hours, but for whatever reason, this film helped.

I am at peace once again.

The roadtrip as an adventure, however, was a complete failure. No broken deer bones. No human saliva. No traffic laws were violated (at least none that required us to outrun the long arm of the law).

I am thinking we need at least one more trip to make sure we go down in a blaze of glory!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Strawberry Blonde said...

I'm glad you are at peace once again.
But yes, you should definitely convince Ryan of another road trip. Something a *bit* more crazy than bookstores and a movie. :)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Blake said...

um you were in lincoln? that is so crazy close to me! i'm going to lincoln i think this weekend for k state. it could be our only chance... but not holding my breath. if you go, please wear a sign that says: i am the bearded, so i can pick you out of the crowd.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So tomorrow night is not going to work to hang out. However, I am available tonight after 8 if you want to hang out before you leave on Thursday. Let me know.

12:28 PM  
Blogger lizard said...

Might I suggest U.S. 380 across north Texas? It's ridiculously flat, but you need to do it on a severe weather day. I'm batting 1.000 on that road!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home