Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

BUY!!!

They bought it!

My defense ended up being a little over two hours in length. I wasn't sure what to expect when it came to the closed door session. However, when they started focusing on future plans and the applicability for further studies (suggesting things I may want to look into), I knew all was well.

So what does one do after passing such an event? Celebrate of course!

GEOGRAPHERS...They're busy tonight. It's a Wednesday and we have plans for tomorrow night so no big deal.

BRENT...Possibly teaching. Wasn't able to get in touch with him. No worries.

VAUGHN...Had to work. ugh.

But thankfully there's always RYAN!

ME: "Ryan! Let's go celebrate!"
RYAN: "Sorry, Dude. I have to work on my paper."
ME: "WHAT?! Well...let's go out for dinner! You have to eat sometime!"
RYAN: "No thanks. I have to work on my paper."
ME: "What are you going to eat?"
RYAN: "My paper. I have to work on my paper."
ME: "You're going to eat your paper?"
RYAN: "Yeah. I have to work on my paper"
ME: "Doesn't that defeat the purpose? What will you do after you eat your paper?"
RYAN: "I have to work on my paper."

Simply brilliant.

Ryan now owes me one roadtrip.

10 Comments:

Blogger The Strawberry Blonde said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Sorry no one would celebrate with you though. You should have told Ryan you'd make him eat McDonald's next time. Maybe that would have changed his mind.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, you have managed to make me look bad on your blog! As long as our road trip involves watching the Rockies in the World Series, I'm in!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

John, Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. Sorry that I couldn't celebrate with you this evening. We are heading out of town tomorrow for our vacation, so we will see you when we get back. Enjoy being done!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dr. JPH,

I'm so proud of you. Well done.

MKN

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,
Austin and I tried to get a hold of you this evening, but we weren't able to. (Would have helped if you had a phone I suppose.) We called Brent and Ryan and even walked by Java and Redina's, but to no avail. Should have given me a call. But Congratulations! You did great and it's great to hear the committee liked it.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celebration...celebrate...
I have the partial words to some old song in my head and it's for you! Sorry I can't get the words to come out quit right :)

COGRATS!! YIPPIEE!!

So, road trip...if it is to see the Rockies I better be invited too ;) seeing that I will be back in Colorado soon.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Hontz said...

woo hoo!!! that is so great! working in academia myself I have a (very small) idea of what it takes and how hard it is and how many people never finish their dissertation. you deserve it! congrats! is it too soon to ask what is next?

12:49 PM  
Blogger jake and erin said...

Congratulations John. Well done.

4:13 PM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

Thanks everyone!

STRAWBERRY BLONDE...Good idea.

RYAN...Making you look bad--you should be used to it by now. COLORADO, HERE WE COME!!!

BRENT...Thanks! Hope you have a great time in Florida.

MELISSA...Thanks for the cookies!

CURTIS...Thanks for coming. I really do appreciate the support. I'd like to catch up some time.

NOEL...Ryan and I will touch base if we end up in your neck-of-the-woods.

ELIZABETH...Thanks! How's the little one doing?

JAKE...Thanks! How are you? I haven't recieved an update for some time. Hope you and the Mrs are doing well.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Blake said...

congrats on what i still don't understand! your conversation with ryan is so funny! really, just brilliant!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home