Losing my mind...
Venting…
At the beginning of the summer, I was looking forward to time off and working on my research. With the recent approval of my dissertation proposal, I figured this would be a great opportunity to finish a chapter or two while I felt motivated.
That naive optimism has given way to a more informed assessment of the coming months. If present conditions continue, this fall I will need a 6 week vacation to the loony bin.
I may be quiet, but definitely need amble amounts of people time—I am an extrovert at heart. Most of my friends have left for the summer making Manhattan all that much more quiet. Since the end of the semester, I am averaging 2 hours a day of human interaction.
I am simply losing my mind.
At the beginning of the summer, I was looking forward to time off and working on my research. With the recent approval of my dissertation proposal, I figured this would be a great opportunity to finish a chapter or two while I felt motivated.
That naive optimism has given way to a more informed assessment of the coming months. If present conditions continue, this fall I will need a 6 week vacation to the loony bin.
I may be quiet, but definitely need amble amounts of people time—I am an extrovert at heart. Most of my friends have left for the summer making Manhattan all that much more quiet. Since the end of the semester, I am averaging 2 hours a day of human interaction.
I am simply losing my mind.


2 Comments:
John,
I am always up for hanging out. Sorry if I don't initiate more -- I always enjoy your company. On the other hand, maybe God has a purpose in all this solitude . . .
Chris,
I too have always enjoyed hanging out. No worries on not initiating--none of my friends here do. I think it has something to do with the water.
Our friend, Brent, said the same thing regarding the solitude. I'm taking it as a friendly reminder to branch out and establish new circles of friends--I'm not abandoning my old friends, just making new ones.
Only one question...where are these people?!
Post a Comment
<< Home