Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Matthew 5:44

There are people in this life that I wish nothing less than they be singed by a lightening bolt straight from the “Almighty Spiter”.

People who cheat, lie, and root for Duke are never popular in Christian circles. Today at church, I saw someone that fits the bill. I have no idea what is going on in this person’s life, and may never know the details, but felt compassion for this person, quite possibly for the very first time.

Over the past year, I have prayed and fasted for this person and yet it took this person’s life crumbling apart for me to feel love for them again. Jesus’s words that lead us to love and pray for others, especially our enemies, have been on my mind.

Must we sometimes see others in ruin before we can truly love them?

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I've found this true also. It's sad, but that how it goes most times. It's funny that this was someone at church, though.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Blythe Lane said...

Yikes! Unfortunately so true at times of my own heart. Thanks for sharing yours.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Manda said...

Must we sometimes see others in ruin before we can truly love them?

hopefully others don't feel the same about us...

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home