Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My Kind of Town...

The Association of American Geographers held their annual conference in Chicago this past weekend. An officemate of mine, Scott, and I traveled there on Thursday and presented on Saturday before returning Sunday. Really enjoyed ourselves.

FRIDAY K-State had a party in the penthouse of the conference hotel. We were allowed to do this because our new department head happens to also be this year’s AAG president. We had a grand time as we had a number of reasons to pat ourselves on our backs including: 2 of the past 5 AAG presidents, current AAG regional director, GeoBowl winners (2006), and GTU (geography honor society) international chapter of the year 2005 (I happened to be president of GTU last year and had to make an impromptu speech).

SATURDAY My presentation on Paul and Babe went well. One of my committee members thinks the paper I wrote is publishable—which is exciting to think about. That night, Scott and I celebrated with my friend Jess’s parents who we were staying with. Great food and conversation.

SUNDAY We drove back and somehow missed the monster storms that rolled on through. Bummer. Nearly three years in Kansas plus several storm chasing trips and I still haven’t seen a twister.

ONE OF TWO HIGHLIGHTS Thursday night we arrived just in time to take in an Avs game! We won: 2-1. Great game.

Next week is Spring Break and I am planning to travel to the Front Range to see some friends and maybe take in a Crush game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home