Northwoods 1937
In the history of the Northwoods, 1937 is one of those years that stands out. 1937 was the year that the infamous Paul and Babe statues were unveiled in Bemidji. Equally important (from my perspective), it was also the year that Grandpa and Grandma were married. Both of my grandparents had worked in the logging camps of northern Minnesota: Grandpa was a lumberjack and Grandma was the camp cookie. It is because of them that I decided to do my research on Paul and Babe.Why bring this up today? Because today is my grandma’s birthday! In addition to wishing her a happy birthday, I would also like to thank her for all the (wild) blueberry pancakes topped with homemade maple syrup that I have devoured over the years. To this day, Grandma still makes sure that I am treated to this every time I visit. Lucky for me, my research requires me to make frequent trips to the Northwoods.
Happy Birthday Grandma!
Roy and Gladys Snyder


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home