Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Last Bell...

One of my favorite memories of Uzbekistan is that of "First Bell". At the beginning of each school year, the seniors choose one of the smallest 1st graders (I think it may actually be THE smallest) and carry them around on their shoulders. All the students gather outside the school and watch as the tiny first year rings a bell signaling the beginning of a new year.

Today, I had my last bell. NO MORE SCHOOL!!! Well, almost...

I went to class for the last time as a student today. I still have a paper to write (by Friday) and an exam to take (Tuesday)--so there is still some work to be done, but otherwise...I AM DONE!

The beginning of a new chapter. Great feeling indeed!

1 Comments:

Blogger jake and erin said...

Isn't there that trifle matter of a dissertation? Or are you almost done with that too?

Great weekend for the Broncos, BTW....

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home