Stupendous Man to the Rescue!!!
Not much happening in my neck-of-the-woods on this particular holiday. Potential Prospects: ZERO.Instead of dwelling on the lack of women in my life, I thought I would share the best and worst of Valentine’s past.
1998 BEST VALENTINE’S DAY!
As is tradition with me, no woman was involved in making this particular Valentine’s Day so memorable. Instead, it was what I was leaving behind.
For two months of my life, I was simply cold. That all changed on Valentine’s Day 1998 when I left the South Pole. I will always thank God for that special day.
Temperature at the Pole: -80 (wind chill)
Temperature on the coast (McMurdo): +25 (NO wind chill)
That’s a 100+ degree difference!!! I swore when I left The Ice I would never again complain about the cold.
2005 WORST VALENTINE’S DAY…
Last year at this time was the worst of the worst. I started my preliminary exams last year on Valentine’s and I was stressed beyond what I thought was possible. I remember one of my committee members sharing with me that she could not have been able to take on the semester I did. Thankful that’s done.
All in all, this year’s Valentine’s falls somewhere in between.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!


1 Comments:
Hey bud - NOT offended. (Just so you know, I'm not sure that any Calvin cartoon could be offensive to me.) You go right ahead and have the day you need to have... Hopefully everyone else will have a sense of humor and take the comic lightly.
Post a Comment
<< Home