Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Is this the best we can do?

A friend of mine recently passed along a news clip regarding the fate of an Afghan who has been imprisoned for professing his Christian beliefs. I have been on vacation in Colorado this week and was deeply troubled to hear of his case.

While I am normally cautious to dive into political discussions, I need to question our (the West's) role in shaping new governments in the far corners of the world. I struggle to believe the best we can do upon removing a regime, such as the Taliban, is replace it with one that openly persecutes those who choose a religion on their own.

I encourage you to explore a couple of links I have included detailing the story.

Voice of the Martyrs
Amnesty International

Please do pray for Abdul Rahman.

1 Comments:

Blogger jake and erin said...

I heard tale of this yesterday... it spawned an interesting discussion on persecution overseas vs. persecution in the US but we hold fast to the old axiom:
The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church... may it be so in Afghanistan.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home