"That's not a knife..."
One of the funniest things that happened during my trip to Chicago was on the way there when we got pulled over. Normally, it is not a laughing matter when you get pulled over, but the situation was quite comical."Officially", we were pulled over because of a taillight. "Unofficially", we were pulled over for speeding. When the police officer came up to the window, he asked to see the vehicles registration and informed us of the taillight. I spoke up that I had some tape in the glove compartment and would put some on immediately. Scott, who was driving, was asked to step back to the police car.
We both got out of the car and began to walk back. Scott, being the helpful sort, asked if I would like to use his knife to cut the tape and whips out this 6 inch knife that would have made Crocodile Dundee proud (he is from WV!). I said I was ok (I had a pocket Swiss Army), but the officer, upon seeing the knife, said, "You can leave that with him!"
Note: There are two things I have always wanted to do in Chicago: see a Cubs' game at Wrigley and celebrate St. Patrick's with the Chicago faithful as they color the river green. One down, one to go.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!


1 Comments:
Ha-larious! Laughter is a must on any road trip. And, very jealous here -- have always wanted to see Chicago. Maybe someday with Jill...
Post a Comment
<< Home