"Help Wanted"
My days in Colorado are numbered. I'm not exactly sure when that last day will come, but the clock is ticking. Recently, the University of Northern Colorado notified me that I did not get the Study Abroad Director position.
Last January, I gave online dating a shot. This was my third attempt and resulted in big ol' goose egg in terms of dates materializing. Granted, I did only sign up for a one month run, but it set the stage for a humbling run that came to fruition last summer when I signed up for an additional 3 months on another site with the same result.
Around this same time last year I also began to apply for positions in geography and study abroad here and there and a few places in between. I have lost track of how many applications I've sent out and have found myself lacking energy to continue applying in large part because I haven't heard anything back. To put it in perspective, two weeks ago I had my first interview for a full time position that I've applied for over that period. And as I mentioned, the position did not work out.
To say I was bummed over the news I was passed over would be an understatement. But I did my best to take it in stride and remind myself that I still have a few strong application out there.
I'm not sure what impression those who read my personal profiles and review my letters and CVs are left with, but it has become quite apparent that I need to work on how I present myself. Whether it be a potential date or employer, it seems that I have been labeled undesirable and this unfortunate reality has left me discouraged.
Last January, I gave online dating a shot. This was my third attempt and resulted in big ol' goose egg in terms of dates materializing. Granted, I did only sign up for a one month run, but it set the stage for a humbling run that came to fruition last summer when I signed up for an additional 3 months on another site with the same result.
Around this same time last year I also began to apply for positions in geography and study abroad here and there and a few places in between. I have lost track of how many applications I've sent out and have found myself lacking energy to continue applying in large part because I haven't heard anything back. To put it in perspective, two weeks ago I had my first interview for a full time position that I've applied for over that period. And as I mentioned, the position did not work out.
To say I was bummed over the news I was passed over would be an understatement. But I did my best to take it in stride and remind myself that I still have a few strong application out there.
I'm not sure what impression those who read my personal profiles and review my letters and CVs are left with, but it has become quite apparent that I need to work on how I present myself. Whether it be a potential date or employer, it seems that I have been labeled undesirable and this unfortunate reality has left me discouraged.


2 Comments:
Bummer about the UNC position. What do you mean when you say your days in Colorado are numbered? Do you have an option somewhere else?
A bummer indeed. I say the 'days are numbered' only because part time work is not realistic for the long term (i.e. several years) and I feel as if I have exhausted my possibilities on the job front here. And yet I must admit that I have started to question whether or not I will be forced into a second year of part time work. Not much hope on the job front in the present.
Post a Comment
<< Home