Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Saturday, February 01, 2014

"Fool me once…" (Part 2)

Generational music is interesting.  There are musical acts that I listened to as I was growing up that I still enjoy listening to, such as U2, Gordon Lightfoot, and John Denver, but then there are others, such at Huey Lewis & the News (still a fan of Picture This) and The Hooters (loved! their debut album), that I don't listen to nearly as much as I once did.  I assume most people can relate.

But along the way there have been a handful of acts or albums that I have discovered well after their heyday.  Peter, Paul, & Mary come to mind as does Fleetwood Mac's Rumors--which has become one of my all-time favorite albums.  One additional act I (re-)discovered later in life is The Who.

In the words of Pete Townshend: "Won't get fooled again!"

In my last post I was about to embark on a short walk to a local coffee house to meet up with a young lady.  A few highlights I previously shared:

  • Yes, she did ask me out for coffee.
  • Yes, she did ask me out after viewing my profile on an online Christian dating website.

Our first meeting went well and I enjoyed the afternoon conversation.  She texted me shortly thereafter and we continued to do so over the next several days.  We chatted on the phone mid-week and I asked her if she would be interested in going out for a drink this weekend.  Last night, we followed up on this and had a nice time once again.

But, as I noted, there was much more to the story than I let on:

  • Already taken?…I had thought she was currently dating someone based on some FB photos I had seen over the past 6 months.
  • Suspicions minds?…after viewing his FB profile page (he has an open page), my suspicions only increased.  Not only was his profile pic one of the two of them cuddling, his relationship status stated he was seeing this young lady.

So what exactly was she doing on a dating website?  Last night I asked.

This morning I followed up with the other girl I had met on this site.  Two weeks ago she was about to wrap up her membership on this site and requested some time off after a few less than stellar experiences (which in my experiences is completely understandable), but had left a friendly invite to follow up via FB or with her personal email address after a short while…and so today I did.  Sometime between that request (which precedes the coffee invite from the other girl) and now, she not only rejoined the site, but had been on several dates with a couple of guys and started a relationship via Skype with a guy currently residing in New Zealand.  We had a nice chat, she even stated (repeatedly) that she would like to do this again sometime soon, but I think it unwise.

The girl I went out with last night had some very flattering things to say about me and stated both verbally and via text that she would like to see me again.  But my gut tells me this is one to let go of as well.  I really don't know how I found myself in this position, one where the only dates I'm likely to get are ones with women who are already seeing someone, but that seems to be my lot in life.

Next Post: Dating on the other side of the hill.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ryan said...

What?!?! We are definitely going to have to catch up about this soon!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home