The dropping of the puck...
Yes, my friends, hockey season is here once again!
My Avs have had a rough go to start the beginning of the season. They lost the home opener, a game they completely dominated, by a goal and then lost their second game, a game they once again dominated, in the last seconds of the game. Game three went to Calgary by a single goal as well.
Two nights ago, we finally put it together.
Last night, I took a break. I am allowing myself one night per weekend to enjoy life. Grading and planning is dominating the rest of my time.
A group of my friends and I meet every Friday night for dinner at Altitudes. Last night, we broke from tradition and headed south to Ft Collins for the Colorado Eagles' season opening game. Of special interest, my hometown Rush were playing their first game ever. I wasn't expecting too much as they had played last week and my team was beaten badly: 6-0.
This game was a real treat. Although the Rush eventually lost, they made a real game of it.
Down 6-5 with less than 5 minutes to go, we tied it up and sent the game into overtime. Neither team scored during the overtime period which forced a shootout. For the first game of the season, both teams looked to be in late-season form skating hard and fast with good puck movement.
This really was one of the best games I've ever taken in. My only hope is that we don't have to wait as long for their first win.


1 Comments:
The Rapid City Journal featured the Rush on the front page yesterday, and the sports section had more pictures. I saved all the coverage for you, for when you come home, hopefully this next weekend! Mother
Post a Comment
<< Home