Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Thank goodness for Budaj!

My Avs played their last game of the season earlier tonight. As I posted a couple of days ago, we needed to go 3-0-0 or 2-0-1 in our last three games to make the playoffs. Last night, as one writer put it, Forsberg broke our hearts for a second time having two assists in Nashville's 4-2 win (Forsberg had played for Colorado for a number of years and was very popular there). Had the Avs won, we would have been playing for the post season tonight against Calgary.

Last night, I went over to Brent and Jenni's and we played a board game which was a lot of fun (in part, because I won). It was really nice taking an evening off and just catching up with a couple of friends. But as soon as I got home, I rushed to my laptop to check the score...and was devastated.

Out of the playoffs for the first time since moving to Colorado.

There are a number of bright spots for the Avalanche this season. We set an NHL attendance record for consecutive sold-out games (487), set an NHL record for most points by a team not to make the playoffs (95), scored more goals than any other team in the Western Conference (272-tie with Nashville), Sakic scored 100 points this season, Stastny set an NHL rookie record with points in 20 consecutive games, Hejduk and Wolski had strong showings as did Budaj, and Coach Quenneville proved he's the man for the job leading the Avs on a late-season tear finishing 15-2-2 and setting a franchise record for the month of March (11-1-2).

Did I mention we won tonight, 6-3?!

GO AVS!!!

ps--Today, I proudly wore my Avs jersey for one last time this season.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God...maybe now that the season is over you will blog about something other than AVs :) hee hee

4:30 PM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

WHAT?! "Somthing other than the Avs?!!" Aren't you from Colorado?

As much as I hate to admit it, you're right. There are things in life other than the Avs to write about...there's that whole "Jesus" thing as well as my beloved Broncos (but that's still several months away).

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home