Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

"COME ON!!!"

Last night, I was in my typical work mode at a local coffee shop. Normally, when I know the Avs are playing I do my best to check the score 'occasionally' rather than listen to the game as I know a live broadcast kills any attempt at work I may be making.

Last night I found a way around this dilemma.

The Avs have been on a winning streak and, with the playoffs just around the corner, it was all I could do not to tune in to the game when they took the lead late in the third. My way around it? Opening three separate websites: Avs home page, NHL.com, ESPN.com, and click on each repeatedly as they were updating at different times.

Technically, I was not breaking my rule of not 'listening' to the game and I am happy to report God rewarded his faithful servant with a win.

Ten day until I see them live...I can't wait!

ps--The title of this post is to be cried out with a heavy Austrian accent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew H. John said...

So are you coming out to Colorado?

11:57 PM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

I will be in Colorado...I'm not sure if I'll have time to hang out much. Would you be available for lunch on the 21st? Let me know.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home