Bracketology is NOT a science...
The K-State men's team had a good season. The Wildcats went 10-6 in conference play and 22-11 overall...and yet came up short in their bid to make the big dance.
Am I fired up over this? In one word, yes. I had never given much thought to the East Coast bias until arriving at K-State 4 years ago and am now convinced it does very much exist. Not only did the Wildcats have a rather impressive season, we made a strong run in the end clobbering Texas Tech (9-7, 21-12, a 10th seed in the tourney) 66-45, and hanging with Kansas (14-2, 30-4, a #1 seed in the tourney) 67-61. Even Bob Knight (Texas Tech coach), who is not my boy by any stretch of the imagination, made a case for K-State to be in the tourney.
Stupid bracketologists think they're so tough...
Am I fired up over this? In one word, yes. I had never given much thought to the East Coast bias until arriving at K-State 4 years ago and am now convinced it does very much exist. Not only did the Wildcats have a rather impressive season, we made a strong run in the end clobbering Texas Tech (9-7, 21-12, a 10th seed in the tourney) 66-45, and hanging with Kansas (14-2, 30-4, a #1 seed in the tourney) 67-61. Even Bob Knight (Texas Tech coach), who is not my boy by any stretch of the imagination, made a case for K-State to be in the tourney.
Stupid bracketologists think they're so tough...


3 Comments:
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someday we should combine forces and come up with a Top 10 list. I imagine you came up with these four without even breaking a sweat.
Even though my loyalties lie elsewhere during basketball season (go KU!), I think you're spot on.
I can't stand Bobby Knight. Seriously.
Looking forward to seeing you Monday.
I feel ya, bra. Cats got hosed.
Post a Comment
<< Home