A night of rest...
I'm back. We arrived back in the States last night after a 48 hour journey. There were a number of close calls in terms of people nearly missing flights, but in the end it all worked out.
When we were on safari in Arusha there were three of us who went to a track meet at a nearby stadium. It was a real treat to see the TZ runners in action. While we were there I struck up a conversation with the guy sitting next to me. With my broken Kiswahili and some gesturing here and there we were able to have a half-hour conversation. I bring that up now because I still find myself responding to people in Kiswahili. I imagine it'll take a few weeks before I stop responding to people with "habari" or "asante sana".
Glad to be back, but already missing it.
And to my rafiki sokoni (market friend)...thanks again for the Swiss chocolate. You will be missed. Bwanna asifiwe. Obari kiwe.
When we were on safari in Arusha there were three of us who went to a track meet at a nearby stadium. It was a real treat to see the TZ runners in action. While we were there I struck up a conversation with the guy sitting next to me. With my broken Kiswahili and some gesturing here and there we were able to have a half-hour conversation. I bring that up now because I still find myself responding to people in Kiswahili. I imagine it'll take a few weeks before I stop responding to people with "habari" or "asante sana".
Glad to be back, but already missing it.
And to my rafiki sokoni (market friend)...thanks again for the Swiss chocolate. You will be missed. Bwanna asifiwe. Obari kiwe.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home