10 Days on the Road...
Ten days and 3300 miles...you do the math!
I just got back from Mike and V's wedding in SLC late last night. I had an AWESOME time traveling there and back and a great time at the wedding itself.
On the way...
I first went to KC to see Mary and Eldon speak about ANU where I taught last summer. I haven't seen either of them since May '04 so that was really nice. Eldon thinks my calling is somewhere on the Dark Continent (he just wants me back at ANU!)...I'm still thinking this through as I'm willing to go wherever I may be sent. Lots of questions surrounding the path I am to explore of recent.
I knocked off the remaining counties I had yet to visit in western KS on the way out. Life on the road is relaxing as you can listen to the same song 10 times in a row if you so choose. I had a nice lunch at some smalltown diner that I'm calling the "Crying Eagle" as I don't know it's name (kinda like the Smiling Goat on Ed only different).
In Denver...
Lunch at Annie's Cafe with Shiro was a reminder of how much I miss having Dr. Lee's class on a regular basis with Shiro and Tatsu. The strawberry shakes there can't be beat! Best ever, bar none.
Stayed with Branden and Ronel there. Absolutely love their dogs. Branden had me take a Guy Test (Dave Barry book) while I was there:
The perfect pet for a guy is...
A) a cat.
B) a dog.
C) a dog who eats cats.
In SLC...
Stayed with Scott and Shelly and saw a host of friends while I was there: MIke, V, Andrew F, Helene, Judith, Andy, Jess, Dave, Kevin, Pat, and of course...PROMISE!
For those of you that don't know, Promise is my pastor's dog. He could barely contain himself when I first came and whimpered as I left. I had lived there a couple of summers ago and really miss playing fetch with that dog. That reminds me, Pastor Tim explained the difference between cats and dogs to me:
A dog will look to its owner and think: he feeds me, he serves me, and he loves me…HE must be “God”.
A cat will look to its owner and think: he feeds me, he serves me, and he loves me…I must be “God”.
While I was there I went to church at 1st Naz. Tim and the church are trying something new where every Sunday the second service is an alternative service. This particular Sunday he drove a truck into church and was promptly arrested! Worked great! I also saw a former student who I had once invited to church at the end of the semester and now has a relationship with the Lord--praises to Him!
Later that day Mike and V were married. The wedding was as smooth as could be. Chris's toast was moving and Richard's was a riot. I had a great time laughing it up at my table where many of the jokes were on me--being the single guy and sitting at a table with Tahmina you expect it! Decorating the car was payback for Mike! Absolutely perfect and I couldn't be happier for either of them! Best wishes in your new life together!
I just got back from Mike and V's wedding in SLC late last night. I had an AWESOME time traveling there and back and a great time at the wedding itself.
On the way...
I first went to KC to see Mary and Eldon speak about ANU where I taught last summer. I haven't seen either of them since May '04 so that was really nice. Eldon thinks my calling is somewhere on the Dark Continent (he just wants me back at ANU!)...I'm still thinking this through as I'm willing to go wherever I may be sent. Lots of questions surrounding the path I am to explore of recent.
I knocked off the remaining counties I had yet to visit in western KS on the way out. Life on the road is relaxing as you can listen to the same song 10 times in a row if you so choose. I had a nice lunch at some smalltown diner that I'm calling the "Crying Eagle" as I don't know it's name (kinda like the Smiling Goat on Ed only different).
In Denver...
Lunch at Annie's Cafe with Shiro was a reminder of how much I miss having Dr. Lee's class on a regular basis with Shiro and Tatsu. The strawberry shakes there can't be beat! Best ever, bar none.
Stayed with Branden and Ronel there. Absolutely love their dogs. Branden had me take a Guy Test (Dave Barry book) while I was there:
The perfect pet for a guy is...
A) a cat.
B) a dog.
C) a dog who eats cats.
In SLC...
Stayed with Scott and Shelly and saw a host of friends while I was there: MIke, V, Andrew F, Helene, Judith, Andy, Jess, Dave, Kevin, Pat, and of course...PROMISE!
For those of you that don't know, Promise is my pastor's dog. He could barely contain himself when I first came and whimpered as I left. I had lived there a couple of summers ago and really miss playing fetch with that dog. That reminds me, Pastor Tim explained the difference between cats and dogs to me:
A dog will look to its owner and think: he feeds me, he serves me, and he loves me…HE must be “God”.
A cat will look to its owner and think: he feeds me, he serves me, and he loves me…I must be “God”.
While I was there I went to church at 1st Naz. Tim and the church are trying something new where every Sunday the second service is an alternative service. This particular Sunday he drove a truck into church and was promptly arrested! Worked great! I also saw a former student who I had once invited to church at the end of the semester and now has a relationship with the Lord--praises to Him!
Later that day Mike and V were married. The wedding was as smooth as could be. Chris's toast was moving and Richard's was a riot. I had a great time laughing it up at my table where many of the jokes were on me--being the single guy and sitting at a table with Tahmina you expect it! Decorating the car was payback for Mike! Absolutely perfect and I couldn't be happier for either of them! Best wishes in your new life together!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home