A new beginning...
This being a brand new project for me there is pressure to say something profound. What I will say is that I look forward to keeping in touch with friends and family through this process.
IN THE NEWS...
I have had an eventful week. Thursday I recieved final word that I am indeed returning to Africa this summer for 5 weeks. I leave two weeks from today and am excited about the trip and the opportunity I'll have to learn more about East Africa and improve my Swahili.
Yesterday (Friday) I was told I'll be teaching again this fall--which I'm excited about. I'll be teaching Human Geography, a new course for me, but one that is at least in my specialty.
...AND FOR FUN
Yesterday (Friday) a friend of mine and I went to visit Cabela's outside of KC. AWESOME. They've got an aquarium and everything! Really had a good time with him. My friend is getting married and wanted to pick up some wedding gifts (he is from WV).
IN THE NEWS...
I have had an eventful week. Thursday I recieved final word that I am indeed returning to Africa this summer for 5 weeks. I leave two weeks from today and am excited about the trip and the opportunity I'll have to learn more about East Africa and improve my Swahili.
Yesterday (Friday) I was told I'll be teaching again this fall--which I'm excited about. I'll be teaching Human Geography, a new course for me, but one that is at least in my specialty.
...AND FOR FUN
Yesterday (Friday) a friend of mine and I went to visit Cabela's outside of KC. AWESOME. They've got an aquarium and everything! Really had a good time with him. My friend is getting married and wanted to pick up some wedding gifts (he is from WV).


5 Comments:
Welcome to the blogosphere.... I'll send you a real e-mail this week....
P.S. update your blog
Imagine finding you here, John. I hadn't realized how easy it is to be a blogger.
I'll check this site daily to keep track of you.
Love, Mother
Glad to hear you are there, John. Will pray for a great experience.
Dan S.
John,
Pat Barber here...amazing and exciting to be kept in touch about your travels and adventures. Paul and I will be in Berlin for one more year...so, maybe we would be on your way "along life's highway!" We are home in RC now for the wedding of our daughter Holly to Kyle Yamada (also of RC). Back to Germany August 9. Take care of yourself...Jhambo!
You are in our prayers.
Madame Barber.
Hey John,
Glad to hear things are going well. Have fun at the beach this weekend.
Michelle H.
Post a Comment
<< Home