Boredom...
The school year has come to an end. Finals wrapped a week ago and I have spent the past week grading, prepping for summer school, and staring at the blank walls of my apartment.
Laramie is really quite different once school is out. Like many college towns, most of the local population disperses once finals are over. You would think after all my years in school that I would be accustomed to such an exodus, but I'm not.
The suddenness of the silence still strikes me like a brick wall. Today I had planned to work-out with a buddy of mine at Half-Acre (the university's rec center) and then spend an afternoon in the library. I was reminded that it was officially 'summer' when my friend called me this morning to let me know the gym was closed on weekends for the rest of the summer. A short while later, I discovered the library had followed suit (at least for this weekend).
I seriously debated on whether or not to venture down to Colorado for the day, but ultimately decided not to since I have plans to travel there tomorrow. But I do need to find something. I remember how stir-crazy I went in the Little Apple during the dog days of summer and want to avoid that at all costs.
What to do? What to do?


1 Comments:
I went to Bluestem yesterday, the day after graduation, and it was like a tomb in there. I think that there were more employees than customers!
Post a Comment
<< Home