Most Embarrassing Moment...
I'm sitting in a small coffee house in my hometown watching the sky dust the ground with a thin layer of snow. I'll be spending Christmas with Mom and Dad before heading back to "Man-Happening".
Earlier this week, I ventured out to Colorado to meet up with some friends. As I commented to a friend, it takes seeing the mountains again for me to remember how much I miss them. It was a good visit and I had fun.
Tuesday night, we were sitting around discussing our most embarrassing moments. The conversation was focused on our most embarrassing work moments. Had it been a broader discussion of all such less-than-memorable events, I would have been able to add one from earlier that day.
As many of you know, I have resisted investing in a cell phone. Being a fan of giant lumberjacks, such technology seems unnecessary (especially when you can borrow your friends' cell phones). But my friends thought otherwise and decided it was time that I enter into the 21st century. Several of them got together and bought me a cell phone for graduation.
I bring this up to share this...although I appreciate the measure, I'm not sure I was meant to have a cell phone.
Here's why...Tuesday afternoon, I was using a cell phone when I was pegged in the chest with a snowball...by a GIRL! She blindsided me and had a good laugh at my expense.
ugh. I bet ol' Paul never suffered such an attack.
Earlier this week, I ventured out to Colorado to meet up with some friends. As I commented to a friend, it takes seeing the mountains again for me to remember how much I miss them. It was a good visit and I had fun.
Tuesday night, we were sitting around discussing our most embarrassing moments. The conversation was focused on our most embarrassing work moments. Had it been a broader discussion of all such less-than-memorable events, I would have been able to add one from earlier that day.
As many of you know, I have resisted investing in a cell phone. Being a fan of giant lumberjacks, such technology seems unnecessary (especially when you can borrow your friends' cell phones). But my friends thought otherwise and decided it was time that I enter into the 21st century. Several of them got together and bought me a cell phone for graduation.
I bring this up to share this...although I appreciate the measure, I'm not sure I was meant to have a cell phone.
Here's why...Tuesday afternoon, I was using a cell phone when I was pegged in the chest with a snowball...by a GIRL! She blindsided me and had a good laugh at my expense.
ugh. I bet ol' Paul never suffered such an attack.


7 Comments:
did you know the girl? that is super funny if it was a 6 year old. ha ha ha!
I'm pretty sure that in the cosmic scheme of things, having a cell phone had absolutely nothing to do with your getting hit with a snowball. :) More info about the snowball thrower would be good though.
Funny...well, I bet you will get better at dialing your cell and staying on guard as you get more practice...don't sweat it, your just a rookie ;)
Merry Christmas! Watch out for girls with snowballs!
Again...would you use such logic to justify having/not having your Mac?
I think not.
And "blindsided"???? That's a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think???
Of course, I am still laughing..and grateful you shared YOUR embarrassing story and not MINE!
I'd say if getting hit by a snowball that was thrown by a girl is one of your most embarassing moments, you're doing pretty well.
Oh, and I have some good news to share with you...I'll email you about that later when I'm less tired.
Merry Christmas
LINDSAY...I thought I knew this person, but obviously not.
BRENT...I'm thinking having a cell phone had EVERYTHING to do with it. More info on the assailant when I get back.
NOEL...I'll just have to trust you for now. Maybe there's a phone out there that forewarns users when they are about to be beemed.
RYAN...Merry Christmas to you as well! And thanks for the friendly advice.
SNOWBALL THROWER...WATCH OUT! You know what they say about 'payback' (think big, "TOO BIG!")...
Also, should I ever be sitting in a coffee house using my Mac (or my home, for that matter) and find myself once again on the wrong end of a snowball attack, I would think twice about using it.
CURTIS...Would I be correct in guessing it has to do with an interview? Hope all is well...I'll be back in Manhattan sometime this weekend. Contact me and we'll do the medicine ball.
Post a Comment
<< Home