Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Plan B...

Yesterday, my advisor and I met to review my last two chapters. Overall assessment: good work! For the most part it was add a few quotations and maps here and there. Nothing too big which is a really good sign.

My last post addressed some of my thoughts of recent regarding the placement process. Since then, I have decided to hold off and wait for an assignment, hopefully a geography assignment, to begin in January '08. Waiting would allot me extra time to tackle a number of important projects, including:


  • Finishing my paper (100%)--not to mention the whole graduation ceremony in December
  • Find a GEOGRAPHY position
  • Possibly submit an article or two--not that I really care about such things, but they do look nice on a resume!

...and last, but not least...

One more football season.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Strawberry Blonde said...

Baseball season was one of the reasons I was grateful that I didn't leave the country until November!

Does it feel good to have some clarity on things for now?

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed that the football season is the one that is highlighted. It's nice to see that your priorities are in order. :)

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then after that is hockey season so you better just wait until...

2:25 PM  
Blogger Manda said...

Thought of you several times today. I got my AAA travel magazine that featured Paul and Babe, the news this am said that Babe's getting some "work done" and this lady at work wore a shirt that said something like "what's done at Paul Bunyan stays at Paul Bunyan. Wierd. Oh, and congrats on the decisions. Good luck with the waiting.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Lindsay Blake said...

i am the lindsay and i don't know why it keeps changing my name, but no i don't have another blog. what you have is it :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

football is a good reason to stay around

7:28 PM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

LOTS of comments...
Strawberry Blonde...It IS a relief!

Ryan...I ALWAYS have my priorities in order (football, hockey, God, pizza, etc, etc)

Noel...Are you on the Avs bandwagon as well?!!!

Manda...Send pictures! Seriously! Contact our friend out in CO Springs and send them asap. I could put them to good use in my paper.

Lindsey...Lord have mercy.

High Tower...Great to hear from you! Look my name up on K-State's web-site and e-mail me at that address.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home