Busy week?
Do you ever find yourself being incredibly busy and you have little to show for it? I'm not sure that makes sense, but it summarizes my past week. I've had a number of lunches, banquets, and meetings and yet, it hasn't overwhelmed me as I've enjoyed the time-off from my paper. There's been a number of things I could write about, but I'll just focus on one highlight: Lindsey and Sally's visit.
Sally is married to my cousin Stuart and they have two children: Nicolas (senior at Wichita State) and Lindsey (junior at Trinity HS). Yesterday, Lindsey and her mother decided to visit K-State on a school visit. I think Lindsey was just trying to get out of school for the day, but I didn't care. It was great!
For those of you who haven't visited Manhattan, trust me when I say K-State is a beautiful campus. We spent a couple hours walking around campus seeing where my department sits, where I work, etc, and, more importantly, getting caught up to speed on life's happenings. The visit made for a relaxing afternoon and I loved every minute of it.
Favorite moment: Hale Library. Upon entering a large room in the historic part of the library, one of Lindsey's friends remarked, "It's just like Beauty and the Beast!"
Sally is married to my cousin Stuart and they have two children: Nicolas (senior at Wichita State) and Lindsey (junior at Trinity HS). Yesterday, Lindsey and her mother decided to visit K-State on a school visit. I think Lindsey was just trying to get out of school for the day, but I didn't care. It was great!
For those of you who haven't visited Manhattan, trust me when I say K-State is a beautiful campus. We spent a couple hours walking around campus seeing where my department sits, where I work, etc, and, more importantly, getting caught up to speed on life's happenings. The visit made for a relaxing afternoon and I loved every minute of it.
Favorite moment: Hale Library. Upon entering a large room in the historic part of the library, one of Lindsey's friends remarked, "It's just like Beauty and the Beast!"


2 Comments:
I think I know which room that is that is "just like Beauty and the Beast". :) I love that library! Glad you had a fun week!
Hale really is amazing. The room has changed a bit since you were last there--they've moved all of the books out so it's now just large quiet room. Really awe inspiring (or "Just like Beauty and the Beast!")
Post a Comment
<< Home