Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Istanbul (Not Constantinople)...

I must admit, sometimes my life just makes me laugh. Today, I found out I have been recruited to teach English at some university in Turkey for the month of June.

The funny thing about today's news is that I first heard about this from a number of people in the office who all seemed to know about my future plans. As the story goes, my supervisor decided some time ago that I was the man for the job. He just forgot to share that info with me (let alone ask).

I set up a meeting with him tomorrow and plan to let him know that I will not be available. I've been making a lot of progress on my paper of recent and would prefer to finish that first (no need to worry, Mom).

Still, the entire situation just made me laugh...my reputation as a nomad is such that people now just assume I won't mind leaving without notice.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Strawberry Blonde said...

I use to love that song! :) ...And now it's stuck in my head. Thanks.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks'.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home