Now we're logging...
One of the things I remember about spending time with my grandpa growing up is working. The work was never a burden, more of a way to pass the hours, activities really. I remember as our work on the project began to roll he would always comment, "Now we're logging!"
Yesterday, I interviewed with IICS. The interview (5 hours!) went well (I'm in!) and was more of an informal discussion of my past work experience than a committee drilling. It was a final step in a journey that I embarked upon many moons ago.
The application process was a very long one and although that step of the process is now complete, there still remains much to do. There are literally moutains of journal articles and forms to complete in the next year (not to mention my dissertation). However, I can't help but feel that a major hurdle has been cleared.
In the words of my grandpa, "Now we're logging!"
ps--Happy Birthday Grandpa!
Yesterday, I interviewed with IICS. The interview (5 hours!) went well (I'm in!) and was more of an informal discussion of my past work experience than a committee drilling. It was a final step in a journey that I embarked upon many moons ago.
The application process was a very long one and although that step of the process is now complete, there still remains much to do. There are literally moutains of journal articles and forms to complete in the next year (not to mention my dissertation). However, I can't help but feel that a major hurdle has been cleared.
In the words of my grandpa, "Now we're logging!"
ps--Happy Birthday Grandpa!


4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I fell like I've heard of IICS. Is it that organization where you teach in overseas in a university setting? You'll have to let me know more about it.
Congrats, dude. I look forward to hearing more.
Post a Comment
<< Home