Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Locking Arms...

Every once in a while I recieve a random e-mail from a friend that I haven't seen in some time. Most often it's just a funny story or someone passing through wondering if we can meet up. But every once in a while it's a friend who needs to share something big. Yesterday, I recieved one of these "big" e-mails.

While I was living in Salt Lake, my pastor and I became very close. Initially, we would meet every couple of weeks and tackle issues in our lives. This eventually evolved into a deep friendship that culminated in a summer spent with the Brewer household before I moved to Kansas...I had become a member of the clan.

Pastor Tim means a lot to me. When I think of my spiritual family, I still think of First Naz. I've posted my thoughts on the church (see Rosa Parks and the Church) and often reminisce on the great times spent with the family there.

Yesterday, as I said, I recieved one of those e-mails. I immediately called the church (I still have the number memorized) to talk to Tim. The big news? He's leaving. The family is packing up their bags and making a move to Ontario, Oregon, where Tim (and family) will take on the challenge of a brand new church.

I'll especially miss him, as I am sure the church family will, on those Sunday mornings in late winter when a new snow has blanketed the valley and all are awakened to worship in a small structure that has become a home more real than most can imagine. It's hard for me to separate the two, the physical building from the people who made it home. Rarely in life do we realize just how good things are in the present. I will forever be grateful that I recognized it as I did when I was there.

Thanks Tim. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for teaching. Thanks for the memories. We will all be looking forward to visiting you in your new home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home