Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Thoughts from the Road (Take #3)...

Greetings from Kamloops, BC! Yesterday I had a good day. I left my cousin's place in Seattle in the morning and later traveled north of Vancouver in search of Paul and his blue ox. There's much to be seen as logging is big in this region of North America. Logging museums are plentiful and the industry is still visibly active with signs often giving a warning that logging trucks should be expected.

In case you're not aware of this, the Cascades region is rather granola-ee. Not only do candidates from both major political parties in the States emphasize there environmental commitment, but I've passed a handful of signs with images of people literally hugging trees. Referring to locals as 'tree huggers' would be stating the obvious. The logging industry only adds to the interesting mix and flavor of the region.

The other day I saw a sign that offered an interesting blend of the two:

LOG TRUCKS

SUCK
(scribbled below)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home