"Questions. Questions that need answering."
I really wish I had something to write about. A review of posts from the past couple of months more or less sums up my life in the present: uninspired, bored, lonely, and quickly losing hope. I really don't care to write about such thoughts, but I'm not sure where else I can express myself.
It's a quandary I face in the present: share my thoughts openly or sit still and brew.
I had a tough day at work. Nothing horribly bad, but bad enough that I'm really questioning what the heck I'm doing here. I've been working on a edited volume for some time and I seem to have dug myself into a hole that I just can't escape.
For some time now my co-editor and I have been contacting publishers trying to find a match for our project. The book is a collection of essays loosely based on the work of a famous cultural geographer. Throughout the process, my project partner and I have sought advise from this elder academic. After the latest round of rejection letters, I contacted him again seeking advise. Today, I received an e-mail from him with loads of advice leaving me to ponder, "Why didn't he share this before?!"
I've given this project top priority putting several of my own projects on the backburner since this collection not only impacts me, but 13 others. It's been a lot of work capped off with two sessions I organized for the national meeting last year. But like I said, this e-mail today really left me frustrated. Long story short, I will most likely have to pull the plug on this project.
I can't think of one thing that I've put any effort into of recent that has gone well. I am so frustrated with my current status that I'm about to burst. I really could use a break and have absolutely no idea where to begin.
ugh.


0 Comments:
<< Home