Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stupid summer...

I don't think I've ever cared for the dog days of summer. I can remember enjoying swimming and eating ice cream, but not liking the weather. It was simply too hot.

Laramie is not too hot. In fact, the weather here is amazing! Low humidity, mild temperatures, what's not to like? I checked the NOAA website today to see what the weather was doing back in the Little Apple: 20 degrees warmer and a lot more humidity. Don't miss that.

Although summer temps here are near perfect, I'm looking forward to bailing this coming week. My sister, nephews, and I will be traveling to see Grandma. This means blueberry pancakes and people interaction.

I miss having people around. College towns are great, but summers are deathly slow. The past couple of weeks I've been making trips down to Colorado twice a week to see friends and attend church (be sure to check out this sermon on alcohol). It's helped, but I still wish there was more I had going on.

Not sure where I'm going with this. I do recall a couple of weeks ago I thought I had come to the end of my boredom. I think I spoke too soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can come and help me celebrate my birthday in a couple of weeks!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous ryan said...

That last comment was me, by the way. I forgot to put my name!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home