Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Sunday, September 05, 2010

In search of Serenity...

A couple of week's ago, I attended a Serenity special screening in Denver. The event was set up as a charity fund-raiser and provided a great excuse for Browncoats to reunite and celebrate one of the best sci-fi story lines of all time.

I had never attended such an event and was a bit unsure as to what I would experience. Would this be a teenage-comic-book-reading-convention? Would people be in costume wearing the equivalent of Vulcan ears? Would I want to leave as soon as I stepped in the door?

Other than a handful of people sporting Jayne's hat (by-the-way...I want one!), most appeared to be normal people who just happened to be fans of the film.

4 Comments:

Anonymous ryan said...

Funny how you always seem to find yourself in an alliance friendly bar on U-day.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous ryan said...

I think there's something about a quiet drink in there too.

10:59 PM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

RYAN... Funny, isn't it?! I'll be sure to display my true colors tomorrow.

(btw: fitting that WY should have brown as one of the school's colors)

12:56 PM  
Blogger The Bearded said...

ps--I probably should have written "true colours" to be more accurate.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home