Regarding one of the other sports...
I am not a basketball fan. Or more precisely, I am not much of an NBA fan.
In my opinion, March Madness still ranks as the greatest tournament in all of sports. The first weekend is absolute chaos and the Final Four is something that still excites. Even the regular season can be fun to follow and I understand those who do.
The NBA, however, is a different story. The league has lost much of its allure since the early '80s when Dr. J, Bird, and Magic ruled the courts. I must admit that of recent some of my interest has been restored with the team ball that San Antonio, Phoenix, Dallas, and Detroit (even though I don't root for them) has brought back into vogue.
But you may still be wondering: Why has the NBA lost much of my interest? I am not a fan of players playing 'me' ball rather than 'team' ball. A certain player from LA exemplifies my frustration on this point. Last week, two individuals scored more than 50 points a piece on the hapless Knicks. One drove me nuts. The other was something to celebrate. The difference? Read this article.


2 Comments:
I think that the ideal team would be one that consisted of the aforementioned Lakers player, a certain individual who holds the home run record, a guy who used to play for the Vancouver Canucks, coached by the innovator of the "greatest show on turf," owned by a certain owner of "America's Team." What do you think?
Have them play in a dome and you've got it.
Post a Comment
<< Home