Struggling?
It's been a while. I've had things to comment on, including:
RAPID CITY RUSH: Saw them give a lack-luster effort against the Rocky Mountain Rage two weeks ago (and yes, that pains me to admit).
COLORADO AVALANCHE: About the time I think they've turned the corner, they go back the other way (and yes, that pains me to admit).
SUPER BOWL XLIII: Congrats to the Steelers! I have a soft spot for sure for them due in large part to Walt the Firefighter (briefly roomed with Mike and me) an Mike the Younger who are both big Steeler fans.
..but I haven't been writing. This can be attributed, in part, to the 'sounds' pumping through the walls of my apartment, but more to the fact that I have been uninspired and need a spark.
So I turn to you my friends of the sphere: where does one find such a spark?


3 Comments:
Two of my closest friends here are from Pittsburgh; I can relate to the Steelers love by association.
As for a spark (a need to which I can relate)...I tend to find it in music or books. Perhaps a musical. Maybe you should sit down with a nice, cold IPA and the spark will be uncontrollable.
Hope you are well!
NPR always sparks my writer's mind. As do music and books, and Melissa mentioned.
And I used to like the Steelers by association. One of my roommates is from Pittsburgh, and so I cheered for them back during the '06 Super Bowl. But these days I'm experiencing Steeler Fatigue. I'm tired of them being good. And hearing "Let's go, Steelers. Let's Go!" Boring! :)
REGARDING BOOKS...I agree with you both. I find that Donald Miller often gets my creative juices flowing. I NEED TO READ MORE.
MELISSA...I'm not sure a musical is the way to go for me. Maybe Star Wars.
btw: Thanks for checking in. I'm long overdue on your site.
MATTHEW...I had read one of your notes where you said that you liked to listen to songs over and over again as you write.
Great minds think alike.
Post a Comment
<< Home