Saga of a Nomad

I am a recent graduate of landscape studies having explored the folklore of the Northwoods (Paul and Babe). I have been blessed with adventures that have taken me to the far corners of the world and look forward to continuing this journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: On the road, Canada

I have made it a point in my life to continually venture into the great unknown.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Return of the Bobcat...

Topophilia is a term used in geography to describe the 'love of place'. If one really thinks about it, there usually aren't that many places that a person is really deeply attached to. It takes something really special to develop a 'love'. For myself, there have been a handful of places I have lived where I was able to cherish the experience of being there at the time I was there--I developed a sense of topophilia for that place. One of those places is Bozeman, Montana.

For some reason that still eludes me, when I was in high school I wanted to attend Montana State University. There were a number of schools I had looked into, but this particular school stood out. Somewhat serendipitously, I eventually made my was to Big Sky country and found Montana State to be everything I had dreamed of and more.

This coming weekend I will be making my return to the area for the first time in more than 10 years. I really am looking forward to it! The obvious question that comes with such a return is, why now?

I have two reasons for my return this weekend:

MONTANA STATE IS #1!!!...Unlike traditional powerhouses such as K-State and Nebraska (that's for you, Deer Slayer!), Montana State is ruling it's division of football! This past weekend they became the number one ranked team in D-IAA (technically, "FCS", but no one uses that term) and this weekend is the Brawl of the Wild! The traditional end of the season showdown between MSU and UM (who is currently ranked #7).

Might end up at the game, might not. Will definitely be watching it!

A YOUNG LASS...There is a young lady I will be meeting for the very first time this coming weekend. The plan is to meet up shortly after the game (she has to work) and then hang out a bit. I plan to attend church with her Sunday morning before returning home to Colorado. Not sure what to expect, but I am hopeful.

It has taken several years to return to the land of the Bobcats, and I'm hoping the coming weekend will be worth the wait (I'll be sure to let you know!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous ryan said...

I don't deny that Nebraska is a traditional powerhouse. Not so sure about K-State. Have fun in Big Sky country! Let me know how things go with the lady!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home